It is time to get your backyard homestead spring ready! As winter is rolling away and we are getting prepared to welcome spring there are a few chores you can do around your homestead to get it ready for spring. Get these accomplished and you’ll be ahead of the game when spring comes instead of racing to get everything done.
I’m going to cover your garden, compost, livestock, tools and even inside the homestead. So let’s get to it!
Get Your Backyard Homestead Spring Ready – The Garden
- Finish harvesting anything left from your winter garden
- Make Your Seed Order – Give Seeds Now a Try (use code Save10Now for 10% off)
- Start Some Indoor Seeds for Transplanting (See What to Plant in March)
- Amend Your Soil – give your tired soil a boost with some soil amendments
- Check your watering system for leaks, clogs and additions needed (See Conserving Water)
- If you use raised beds, it is a good time to check them for any damage (See Benefits of Raised Bed Gardening)