I don’t know about your area, but here in Phoenix the triple digits are in full swing. Our days have been peaking over 110 degrees. I drink lots and lots of water but sometimes I just want something else. This refreshing citrus mint iced tea is one of my summer favorites. It is so tasty that a sweetener isn’t really needed at all.
If you’re like me you have some mint growing on your porch and there is usually more than you know what to do with. This is a great way to use that lovely mint and keep cool this summer. If you don’t grow mint then check out your local farmer’s market for some fresh sprigs.
Refreshing Citrus Mint Iced Tea Recipe
Time to brew the tea and mix up a refreshing pitcher of citrus mint iced tea! A couple of sips of this mint iced tea recipe and I am floating away to a tropical location (a much cooler tropical location) under a cabana… Or on the wrap around porch of the big farm house in my wooden rocking chair, fan in hand…are you with me?
Let’s sip our way to paradise!
- 4 black tea bags, preferably organic
- 8 cups of boiling water, preferably filtered
- 15 -20 sprigs of fresh mint (I hope you’re growing mint)
- 2 cups of fresh citrus juice
Orange or lemon or a combination of the two!
- 6 hot cups of water
- Sugar, honey or stevia to taste (optional)
- A few sprigs of mint and fruit for garnishing
- 1 gallon pitcher
- Steep the tea bags and mint sprigs in the boiling water for 15 minutes
- While the tea is steeping and the juice, hot water and sweetener (if desired) to the pitcher
- Remove the tea bags
- Pour the tea and mint mixture into the pitcher
- Stir gently
- Let cool completely
- Pour the tea over ice in a tall glass or mason jar
- Serve with a garnish of mint and orange or lemon slices
- Kick up your feet and enjoy
I think you’ll find yourself craving this tea all summer long.
And did you that mint has a lot of wonderful health benefits! Check out my post on Marvelous Mint for more information.