Gluten Free Breakfast Cake…cake for breakfast? Ohhhhhh yeah! This Gluten Free Blueberry Breakfast Cake is scrumptious and perfect for Paleo followers too. If you’ve been missing a tasty sweet treat for your weekend breakfast, this should fit the bill! The best part is that this gluten free blueberry breakfast cake is easy and quick to put together. I suggest you make 2.
Gluten Free Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or heavy cream if you’re ok with dairy
- 45 – 50 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and dried
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a glass pie dish
- Mix together melted coconut oil, eggs, milk of choice, stevia, vanilla and sea salt. In a separate bowl combine the sifted coconut
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Pour into greased pie dish
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
Cut into 8 pieces, serve warm with a dollop of Kerrygold Butter. Try not to eat it all!!! I like to have this with a couple sausage links on the side. So filling, you may not need lunch!
If you aren’t already following a Paleo diet, it may be time to try it. Not only did I lose weight, I lowered my triglycerides and got my blood pressure under control. And then….I fell off the wagon and back into a traditional American diet. It didn’t take long for the problems to come back. So I am on the Paleo path again (with a little dairy) and feeling good. I highly recommend you read the book Practical Paleo to get you started.
Are you eating Paleo or Primal? How is it working for you?
Never miss a post ~ Sign up for the Imperfectly Happy Newsletter