So how does one who is not a natural cleaner keep the house clean? Well I have a few secrets to share with you!
1. Employ a system! I love love love the Flylady. Her site will give you the basics for getting an easy and reliable system going for daily house cleaning. It starts with getting ready for the day; including dressing down to your shoes. Then shining your sink.
2. Find products and tools you enjoy using. I know this may sound ridiculous but it really helps. If you need girlie gloves embellished with rhinestones to make your chores less monotonous, then I say buy them or make them! I am all about supplies that smell fabulous and lately I have been looking at making my own all-natural products.
3. Learn to delegate! Unless you are single, you need to delegate chores. Spouses, kids…neighbors if necessary. Get them involved! If you aren’t sure what chores are appropriate for your kid’s ages check out this great article by Focus on the Family – Age Appropriate Chores.
4. Get it done early in the morning. Just like exercise, cleaning is a chore best completed
early, before you talk yourself out of it! If mornings aren’t possible then you need to set aside a time where you know you’ll be able to complete your tasks. Flylady does a bit all the time instead of one BIG session…another reason I <3 Flylady.
5. PUMP UP THE JAM! For me it is all about the 80s pop music! I put my headphones in and dance/clean. This makes the whole job go by faster and makes it a little more like a time warp concert than a torturous chore! Anyway you look at it, we are blessed to have homes that need to be cleaned. I try to remember that when I look around at the tasks that lay before, behind and to every side of me. So let’s pick up our mops, cleaners and dusters and bless the house!
Like this post? Check out these!